BIAN Foundation Certification Available!
The banking industry wastes over a billion dollars each year due to the complexity of our core technologies and integration approaches that tend to ignore the problem, if not adding to the dilemma. This has become one of the main reasons why banks are not getting anticipated benefits from their digital transformations.
There hasnever been a more exciting time to be part of the financial services industry. The pace of change has never been greater, the competitive landscape continues to expand beyond traditional players and emerging technologies are opening doors that allow financial services providers to find new ways to differentiate themselves and explore the art of the possible. Yet,none of this is going to be possible using traditional approaches.
Who is this course for?
This certification is intended for those enterprise, business and solution architects in the financial services industry (FSI) who are interested in applying the BIAN Industry Standard in their organization and how they can contribute to helping the BIAN standard fulfil their (organization’s) needs.
What is covered in the course?
Subjects that will be covered are The BIAN capability model, the BIAN Service Landscape, its Service Domains, how to apply the BIAN Standard and how to assemble a Enterprise blueprint. Modules of this course:
- INTRODUCTION TO BIAN
- BIAN’S PRIMARY PURPOSE AND APPROACH
- UNDERSTANDING THE THEORY OF BIAN
- THE BIAN SERVICE LANDSCAPE
- HOW TO APPLY THE BIAN STANDARD
- ASSEMBLING A REPRESENTATIVE ENTERPRISE BLUEPRINT
- AN ENTERPRISE BLUEPRINT IS A FRAMWORK FOR ANALYSIS
- BIAN AND TOGAF’S ADM PHASES
After successfully completing this course and achieving the certification you will be able to directly see the benefits. The course will enable BIAN certified professionals to:
- Ensure more efficient and effective development and integration of software solutions for and between banks;
- Benefit from better industry integration and collaboration through the usage of (open) APIs;
- Enhance the evolution and adoption of shared third party business services;
- Improve the operational efficiency within and between banks and provide the opportunity for greater solution and capability re-use within and among banks;
- Significantly lower the overall integration costs of your organization;
- Ensure the adoption of more flexible business service sourcing models;
- Support FinTechs and RegTechs to gain easier insight into the complex financial services industry structure.
Why the BIAN Certification?
The BIAN Foundation Exam is the exam for official BIAN Foundation level certification by the Banking Industry Architecture Network and is carried out by Van Haren Learning Solutions.
The BIAN Foundation Certification Exam is to test the delegate’s knowledge about the BIAN standard. This is the common framework for banking interoperability issues. By successfully passing the BIAN Foundation Exam delegates will achieve the BIAN Foundation level certification which ensures that they have been audited and have successfully mastered the required BIAN Foundation level. This includes their ability to describe and recognize certain knowledge about BIAN such as the benefits BIAN provides to financial services providers, the BIAN design principles and artifacts, the abilities to reduce integration cost and maximize interoperability.
Being certified in The BIAN Foundation level acknowledges that a certified professional has mastered the BIAN Standard and is aware that financial institutions can be modelled in a standard way, which enables maximum interoperability and re-use and minimum IT integration cost.
A BIAN Foundation certified person is able to recognize and apply this to other financial services providers.